Thursday, December 3, 2015

Help or Hinder?

My, my it has been a long while! 


As Yule approaches quickly in this December month, I can only think to give myself the gift of time. Time for the exploration of self and others. One thing I have come across time and time again is hiding my true spirituality from others that may think it too queer. Hiding yet showing it in bits and pieces, allowing it to come out slowly in hopes not to startle anyone while doing so. As I quietly tip toe around family members and their "comfort zone", I have been making earth-quaking strides with my friends and other spiritual conquistadors. Networking in this field, (in person) is a task in itself. In my area, I believe there are three whole people (including myself) that explore the witchy-wyrd-wiles of the spiritual self. We are all different yet, the same and it is completely comfortable and gorgeous. Family seems to be the theme with all of us. One of my close friends really wants to help his family work through a difficult transition and break the patterns that they have grown so accustomed to.

So, that is it. How can we possible share our growth and wonderful spirituality that has helped us so much if others choose a different path?

More so, how can we possibly help the ones closest to us if they just refuse to listen?

The things I have come to discover with family is this: Sometimes you have to allow them to lead their own path. It hurts to see them hurt and it drives you mad when you have all these tools to help and you can't do anything about it. As much as it hurts, you have to allow others to make their own mistakes, learn from them and move on. The worst part about this: coming to terms with what may never come to fruition. I have had this happen to me my entire life and not just with family. Coming to terms that some people just make the same mistakes over and over and never learn from them as long as they live. It is extremely sad and painful to watch but there is only so much you can give as a person. Your boundaries are your own and the best thing you can do for both parties is set them in a clear, concise place. This does NOT mean you stop help altogether. Approach your family as a family MEMBER and tell it to them straight. Or find another solution and attempt to approach them about it in another angle. I know.... easier said than done.


Boundaries are super important here because sometimes the help you want to give will only exacerbate the problems and then it is time to let go. Allow them to journey on their own accord and know that it is their path, not yours. Their choices are not a result on you and you cannot take responsibility for someone's life.

Utilizing Tarot, I will often get asked by family members (those whom I have 'come out' to) to give them a reading. I will often say no and it is not because I don't need the practice! I say no because I have to listen to myself and my intuition. I say to myself: "Self, you WILL be biased during this reading. It will NOT be AUTHENTIC and you will regret it." Listen to that voice. As much as you may want the time in or the hours or the practice, think twice. By setting boundaries with yourself, you are learning to be a beautiful, caring person whom others can count on as a professional.

I am not saying "never give your family members your insightful readings" or "Never use your tools you have acquired on them". I am saying choose wisely. Think first: Will this help or hinder? Your tools and approaches works for you but that doesn't mean they will work for everyone. Understand that! Accept that and fill yourself with love.


All the gratitude for reading and much love <3  





No comments:

Post a Comment